Where do I start??
Here is the complete list of rules for the event:
- You must ride a bike 500+ miles in 4 days
- You must ride in at least 2 states
- See Rule #5. HTFU.
Here are some basic facts about the ride:
- You will wonder why you signed up for this stupid thing by the end of Day 1.
- You will eat Mexican food. A lot.
- You may break a spoke. Or 2.
- Your beer to all other liquids consumed ratio will be roughly 1:1.
- You will most likely flat. Maybe more than once.
- It will be as hot as Hades on at least 1 day.
- You’ll tell your friends about the adventure for years to come.
- You may be asked to drink tequila out of a handgun.
- Someone will get stung by something. It might be you.
- You will tell or listen to more stupid “butt” jokes than you have in your whole life.
- It will rain so hard you will consider building an Ark on at least 1 day.
- You will be yelled at by Mark Lampe.
- On Day 5, you will actually miss riding your bike, but have no desire to sit on it. At all.
- You may start craving bad gas station food when the ride is over.
- You will see some of the best scenery Wisconsin has to offer.
- You will start planning for next year’s ride at the end of Day 4.
How about a few memorable quotes:
- “This water tastes like a fart”
- “Ask your Mom what a pervert is…”
- “Don’t lean your bike on my truck…”
- “Hey! Whoa! Wrong bed!!”
Maybe pictures are the best way to tell the story:
2013 Windy 500 planning starts today! It will be bigger and badder than ever.